GENERAL INFORMATION FOR PAN-RHODIAN SOCIETY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- THE SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Each year the Pan-Rhodian Society of America “APOLLON” offers a small number of scholarships to talented students of the
- Applicant must be a Rhodian (see Section 6 below for definition) member of the Society or of Rhodian descent who’s either parent is a member of the Society for at least 3
- Applicant must be a fully matriculated student in an accredited four-year college or university and must have completed his/her first year of study. (Community, junior colleges and vocational trade schools, are excluded.)
- High school students who have applied, registered and have been accepted by an accredited college or university are also eligible to (Official confirmation by the college or university is required.)
- Also post-graduate students who carry the minimum twelve (12) credit hours are also eligible to
- Applicants must have a good academic record a C+ average or better and must be registered in courses at least 12 points or
- Applications must be received by the Scholarship Committee two (2) months before the Society’s annual
To qualify, an applicant must submit the following documents
- Transcript of his/her college record of the two most recent academic
- The record must include his/her class B. A fully completed application.
- Two letters of
Applicant is responsible for gathering and submitting all required information herein requested and submitting it as indicated in section 2 above. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
All applications are referred to a committee of three Greek or non-Greek university or college professors. In the absence of three professors, the Society’s legal counsel may be one of them. Their selection is FINAL. The committee’s evaluation of each application is referred to the convention, which decides the number of scholarships and the amount of each scholarship.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Definition of the term “Rhodian” – Anyone born on the Island of Rhodes and his/her descendants; a spouse of a Rhodian and his/her descendants.
- Applicant will be notified as soon as possible after the convention.
- Checks will be mailed directly to the student/parent whose signatures appear on Part D & E of the application.
- Give us a telephone number where you or your parents can be reached, in case we have a question relative to this application.
- Per Article 7 of the Scholarship Regulations, ‘Students, who Do Not successfully complete the year for which he or she was awarded the scholarship, MUST notify the Supreme Lodge and return the money to the Supreme Lodge’